ABOUT THE FUND – AU60WHT00683
The Plato Australian Shares Core Fund is designed to outperform its benchmark over the market cycle. The Fund takes advantage of mispriced securities that occur as a result of various factors including market inefficiencies and behavioural biases.
The Fund aims to outperform the S&P/ASX300 Accumulation Index after fees over rolling 3-5 year periods.
S&P/ASX300 Accumulation Index.
- One of Australia’s most highly qualified investment teams with 4 PhD’s and over 130 years of combined investment experience
- An advanced proprietary alpha model specifically designed for the Australian market
- Robust risk models designed to effectively manage investment risk.
Plato believes investors often suffer from behavioural biases which lead them to make sub-optimal choices, leading to market inefficiencies that can be taken advantage of by a systematic investment style. Plato utilises a number of valuation, momentum and quality measures in order to select stocks.
According to Plato’s models the ideal investment is a stock which exhibits improving relative earnings momentum, positive price momentum, is cheap relative to similar stocks and exhibits high quality characteristics. Similarly Plato aims to avoid or take underweight or short positions in stocks with deteriorating relative earnings momentum, negative price momentum, which are expensive relative to similar stocks, and which exhibit low quality.
AVAILABILITY AND DETAILS
FUND APIR: WHT0068AU
Minimum of 90% invested in Australian listed entities and futures. Maximum of 10% invested in cash, although the Fund is intended to be fully invested with cash held for liquidity purposes.
- BT Panorama
- BT Wrap
- Management costs: 0.41% p.a. (inclusive of the net effect of GST)
- Buy/sell spread: +0.20%/-0.20%
- Minimum initial investment:
- direct investors – $100,000
- indirect investors – refer to the operator of your service